Dining Room Furniture Ideas
Picking out dining furniture can be a challenge for many homeowners. There are many options to customize the look of a Binghamton, NY dining room. You can play with style options, materials, shape variations and more to furnish your soon-to-be stunning dining room.
Dining Room Furniture Need Not Be Boring
If your home has an open concept layout -- popular these days in new homes and remodels -- you'll need to pay attention to the big picture. Consider how the new dining room furniture will look with your living room or family room pieces. If you have a more traditional layout, with a separate dining room next to the kitchen, you're free to use a completely different color scheme or style for your dining space.
- Add (or change) character with light fixtures: Consider using three pendant lights equally spaced over a long dining table, rather than a single, centered ceiling light fixture.
- Choose cushioned chairs: If you prefer upholstered chair seats and/or backs, you have built-in design versatility. Easily change the ambiance of the room with the season -- or add a pop of color for a fresh look--by adding or switching slipcovers.
- Consider open shelving: A wood and glass china cabinet is the classic choice for your dining room. If that's not your style, however, consider open shelving for easy access that adds a new design element. Colorful dish patterns really stand out.
- Get a set: When you want a dining table and chairs that were "just made for each other" choose a dining furniture set for instantly unified design. It can make furniture decisions go quicker, too.
- Surprise with dining room benches: Inject an element of delight to your dining room. Visually simple, streamlined dining benches work in a smaller space, where chairs with high backs or vertical spindles may appear crowded or "busy".
- Enlarge the room with mirrors: Get the feeling of more space, while adding drama and elegance to your dining room.
- Add coziness or emphasize style with a dining room rug: Choose an ornate pattern for formal dining or a geometric pattern to underline your mid-century style.
For more dining room furniture inspiration, visit Olum's Furniture in Vestal, NY, or our three other locations.